Dr. Steven Parvin
Dr. Steven Parvin grew up in Starkville, Mississippi. He graduated from Starkville High School in 1994 and then attended Mississippi State University where he was a member of Sigma Chi Fraternity and obtained a degree in Biological Sciences. He entered Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1997 and graduated in 2001. He then moved to the Eastern Shore area and worked as an associate veterinarian for the Bay Animal Clinic group, and as the primary veterinarian in his current Spanish Fort location (formerly, Bay Animal Clinic North). Dr. Parvin enjoys all aspects of veterinary medicine from surgery to preventative medicine.
Dr. Parvin and his wife, Danielle, were married in 2003. They welcomed their daughter, Emma Grace, in December of 2005. They reside in Spanish Fort where they have 2 dogs (Charlie, Max) and 1 cat (Sunny). The Parvins are members of Spanish Fort United Methodist Church. When Dr. Parvin is not working he enjoys fishing, boating, playing tennis, and just about anything else outdoors.
Darla is the office manager here at Parvin Animal Clinic and is also a vet assistant. She was born and raised in Baldwin County, AL. Since a young girl, she has had a passion for helping animals. She could spot a dog a mile away and her dad would joke that she was going to marry a dog one day. Darla has 15 years of veterinary experience and she has allowed her passion to become her purpose in life. Darla currently resides in Robertsdale with her husband Cacey and their daughter Jada. She has three dogs (Grizzly, Buster and Piper) and one cat (Marlee). Her hobbies include spending time at the softball park with her daughter, bike riding and boating.
- I have met the original Darla from The Little Rascals
- My favorite color is Teal
- My dream vacation is to visit Bora Bora
Sam is a receptionist at Parvin Animal Clinic and has worked here since 2015. She enjoys working with pets and their owners. When she’s not at the clinic, she is caring for pets through her pet sitting service, “Sit and Stay”. She has four pets of her own: River, Gatlin, Darcy and Itchy. She has been happily married for 4 years to Alex White and have recently welcomed Parker into the family. In their spare time, they enjoy bike riding or any other activities that can be done outdoors.
- I’m originally from Oklahoma
- I used to host reptile encounters at the Gulf Coast Zoo
- I have a three-legged dog (he came that way!)
Jamie is a receptionist/Veterinary Assistant at PAC and has been with us since 2014. She enjoys working in the vet field and caring for animals. Jamie has four pets of her own, Belle and Pepper (dogs) and Perky and Jingles (cats). In her spare time she loves spending time with her 2 year old son, Trent, going on the boat and spending time with family and friends.
- My favorite color is black
- I’m terrified of spiders
- My biggest weakness is Chicken Alfredo
Sherry is a transplant from the medical field that has been at PAC since November 2016. She finds helping pets and their owners very rewarding. She lives in Daphne with her husband Wilson and have been happily married for over 30 years. They have four children and five grandchildren. Her fur-babies are Rico & Bentley (both Chihuahua’s), Zoe (a Jack Russel/Chihuahua mix) and Simba (aka Kitty Kitty, an orange tabby that adopted us). In her spare time she enjoys hanging out with family, doing “flip” projects, going to the beach and riding on the back of a Harley on the back roads of America!
- I have lived in 11 different cities (6 different states)
- I came out of retirement to work at Parvin Animal Clinic
- My new retirement goal is to travel across the country
Heather is one of the kennel assistants who has been taking loving care of your fur babies since December 2017. She lives with her two children, three dogs: Candy (12 years old), Yagga (11 years old), Tank (10 years old) and one cat: Star (3 years old). She enjoys reading, nature walks and being near the water.
- I like roller coasters
- I can do a double front flip on a trampoline
- I’m left handed
I am originally from Birmingham, AL. I moved to the Gulf Coast about three years ago on the whim of exploration and furthering my career in animal services. In that time I finally found my passion and inspiration in aiding sick and injured pets. This career has not only enriched my life with compassion, but also with knowledge and purpose. The reward of helping not only our furry patients but also their human counterparts has truly left a positive impact on my own persona. Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my Siberian Husky (Kayan), hiking and exploring new beaches, watching BBC, listening to the latest horror podcasts, fan girling over my anime series and listening to way too much indie-pop music.
- Mickey Mouse has sung "Happy Birthday" to me as an adult....and yes, I cried!
- I have been to both Montreal and Toronto Canada and have seen Niagara Falls from the Canadian side
- I have seen well over 200 (yes, you read that right) two hundred live music events and concerts
Emily & Gypsy
Emily is a kennel assistant at Parvin Animal Clinic. She has lived in Baldwin County her whole life. She has an older brother an an almost one year old niece (whom she LOVES to spend time with). She has one dog named Gypsy (pictured above). She spends most of her time taking pictures and trying to teach her dog how to fetch a ball.
- I have traveled up the East Coast
- I've always dreamed of living on a farm
- my favorite color is a light purple
Tegan is a Licensed Vet Tech at Parvin Animal Clinic. She received her degree from Coastal Alabama Community College. She was born and raised in Iowa but relocated to the Eastern Shore in 2011. She has three older brothers and one niece. She has a Shih-Tzu mix named Charlie. Tegan likes playing volleyball and softball and likes watching sports as well.
- I have been white water rafting in Colorado and Tennessee
- I was on the first volleyball team at Spanish Fort High to win the State Championship
- My favorite teams are the Chicago Cubs, Nebraska Cornhuskers and Chicago Bull
Addie moved to the Gulf Coast from Dothan to attend the University of South Alabama in 2011, and now, home is Daphne with her husband Jordan and precious children that have fur, Kevin and Thea. Before working at PAC, Addie worked in the human side of the medical field. While patients with two legs are great, she loves her job as a veterinary assistant because it’s the best of both worlds. Taking care of four legged fur patients AND belly rubs… It doesn’t get any better than that!
- I will pick dessert and candy over “real food” every time.
- I am a fan of all things murder mystery.
- After bringing home 6 cats to foster, I put it in my wedding vows that I would “ask” first next time. Jordan still loves me even after breaking that one 3 months later…